William Portuese MD specializes in all aspects of Facial Plastic Surgery which includes Facelift Surgery, Lower Lid Surgery Nasal Recontouring, Coronal Forehead (brow lifts), Facial Implants, Neck Liposuction, Otoplasty surgery, and other facial plastic surgery treatments
Rhinoplasty in Seattle : Cutting edge Strategies and What you should Learn
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial surgical procedure that’s commonly done to further improve a person’s look or to reconstruct their nose for medical-related purposes . A rhinoplasty procedure involves tweaking the cartilages and bones of the nostril , or sometimes tissue is included order to maximize the aesthetic appeal . The method is also commonly carried out to resolve nasal fractures as well . If rhinoplasty is accomplished to repair someone’s nasal fracture , the surgeon makes an effort to recover the nostril to its pre-injury condition . A connected surgery known as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that additionally have a nasal blockage . Septorhinoplasty works to enhance the look of the nostrils , but also stabilizes the overall structure and eliminates any internal obstacles that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing .
Precisely what does a rhinoplasty approach involve ?
Any cosmetic worries and beliefs you have should be completely discussed before surgical treatment . The recommendations of your surgeon along with any special limitations concerning the structure of your nose , skin , or face in general are essential to have thoroughly explained you . Make-up free pictures are typically taken prior to surgical treatment to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning phase in order to document the results .
Ask questions and express your concerns .
Finding a specialist , qualified plastic surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty procedure should be your main priority when considering getting any type of aesthetic surgery . ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) suggests that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results :
• Consult at least three different surgeons before choosing one
• Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
• Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
• Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
• Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
• Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience . How many has he done ?
• Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance ? If not , get up and leave
• Ask about the follow-up procedures
• Request to contact former patients about their own experience
• How much does the procedure cost ? What about insurance ?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty outcomes could be minor or major , based on the type of correction you want done , but they are however permanent . It’s crucial that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page concerning the objectives of your surgery . If you have realistic expectations and your medical doctor, the outcome will likely be very positive overall .